[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Re: •

Subject: Re: •
Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2002 20:13:42 +0200
one dot leader
Greg Martel wrote:
But I think I do if I want to make it so that this entity, and quite a few other numeric entities, survive the transform to html for later posting. Otherwise I get "*" in my html code rather than "&8226;" which displays like this "⤢".

There is no such thing as a "numeric entity". If you declare an entity, the entity name must be a valid XML name, i.e. starting with a letter (roughly). This: &#8226; is a character reference, not an entity reference. It is hardwired in the XML parser as an alternative representation of the Unicode character U+2024 (ONE DOT LEADER). You can not and you need not declare an entity #8228 or 8228. I do not understand what you mean by "survive the transform to html for later posting". If this meahs you want to have a one dot leader in the HTML, simply write &#8228; in your XML. It will be converted into the one dot leader in the output. You seem to expect the output should contain &#8228; at this place, but it does not. The most probably cause is that you use UTF-8 encoding for the output, and the XSLT processor writes the character in this encoding to the output stream. You appear to view the output with a tool which is not aware that it is UTF-8 encoded. You can try to enforce another encding, for example use something like: <xsl:output method="html" encoding="encoding="iso-8859-1">

J.Pietschmann

XSL-List info and archive: http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.