[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

unresolved problem using html

Subject: unresolved problem using html
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 17:21:43 +0200
 unresolved problem using html
Hi to all!
I've got the following problem :
I want to insert in my stylesheet an HTML string coming from a database and I want to display it not as a string.
For example , if the string is "<b>TEXT</b>" , the output must be TEXT (bold)
if the string is "<a href="file.php">FILE</a>" , i will be able to jump to file.php clicking on FILE ; instead on my monitor I obtain .... <b......</b> or <a href= ......</a> .
Unfortunately I don't know all xsl functions and so I don't know if it is possible to do that.
I've tried to build XML transforming HTML tags into XML tags , but I wasn't able because string can contain also tags as <a href....> or <font size=.. color= ...> (too difficult considering all cases!!) .

-> (other question: is it possible include the output of a file into xsl ? My idea was to call a JSP file that gives the HTML string that I need , something like "<xsl:display-output-file....>" . Does something similar exist? )

Please give me any kind of suggestions.
Thanks

XSL-List info and archive: http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.