[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

calling jsp from xsl <frame ... />

Subject: calling jsp from xsl <frame ... />
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 13:52:31 +0100
jsp frames
Hi!
I've got to project a dynamic web site adapting a previous one.
The previous was based on xsql queries (made by a servlet to an OracleDB). Obtained XML data were sent to an XSL stylesheet and HTML were made by Oracle XSQL servlet.
Now i want to use the same XSL sheets , but doing queries to a MysqlDB (so I can't use xsql and xsql servlet yet) and trying to write jsp pages to make calls. What I've to do it's to install Tomcat with Xalan and Xerces and to update XSL sheets.
Here's the problem: jsp pages address xsl sheets . XSL index page (and others too) are structured with frames inserted using <frame ... /servlets/nameOfServl?...../file.xsql ...>
Could I substitute these with something like <frame .... /file.jsp ...> (where file.jsp obviously calls another xsl ) ?
Will Xalan work well?
Is a well-formed architecture?
Thanks to help me and to all suggestions.
John

XSL-List info and archive: http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.