[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Generic XSLT stylesheet to generate pages....Ideas ple

Subject: Generic XSLT stylesheet to generate pages....Ideas please...
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 13:14:22 +0000
generic xsl stylesheet
I am trying to come up with a generic XSLT stylesheet which takes in XTML (Page definition), XML (Data), XSLT(standard call_templates for page components) and generates either HTML/XHTML in one go. Alternatively the XHTML(Page definition) could be read in without the XML(Data) to produce an XSLT stylesheet which when applied to the XML (Data) produces XHTML/HTML in a second step. My gut feeling in to produce the resultant XHTML in go since one is effectively merging XML documents to produce a resultant XML document.

Another thought I had was to get the call_template parameter values specified in the XTML ,possibly via user defined tags with attributes which wrap around the XHTML tags. This enable me to define meta areas like multirow tables/forms etc. 

Are there stylesheets around that does this , or alternatively does anyone have some good pointers to get me going on this. 

Many thanks in advance,

Edward

XSL-List info and archive:  http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.