[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Re: XML to HTML

Subject: Re: XML to HTML
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 12:10:40 -0400
xsl commented lines
Actually, I answered the question myself. Using <Comment> tags allows me to
achieve most of what I want to do but the XSL is not well formed due to
several lines within the commented area.

The following throws an error:

if (document.images && (preloadFlag == true)) {

for (var i=0; i<changeImages.arguments.length; i+=2) {

document[changeImages.arguments[i]].src =
changeImages.arguments[i+1];

}
}

The validator does not like the && or the <changeImages.arguments.length;.

Any more suggestions?

Kevin_Gutch@xxxxxxxxxxx                                                                                      
                    Sent by:                           To:     xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                   
                    owner-xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx        cc:                                                                       
                    rytech.com                         Subject:      XML to HTML                                            

07/12/2001 11:26 AM                                                                                          
                    Please respond to xsl-list                                                                                   

Using an XML file to generate an HTML page I need to insert a function that
would normally be written between comment tags such as <!-- function -->.

However, doing this with XML and XSLT the tags get left out of the HTML
output.

Any suggestions.

Thanks.

XSL-List info and archive:  http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list

XSL-List info and archive:  http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list

Current Thread
  • XML to HTML
    • Kevin_Gutch - Thu, 12 Jul 2001 11:41:21 -0400 (EDT)
      • <Possible follow-ups>
      • FINLEY, Mike - Thu, 12 Jul 2001 11:58:04 -0400 (EDT)
      • Kevin_Gutch - Thu, 12 Jul 2001 12:31:16 -0400 (EDT) <=

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.