[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Stopping Saxon searching for an external DTD

Subject: Stopping Saxon searching for an external DTD
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 20:39:28 +0000
saxon cache external dtd
(this is probably related to: must be a trivial problem)

I'm writing a simple fragment of XSL to process Moreover news files. I'm using Saxon 5.5 through JBindery on a Mac at the moment, but it will eventually move to 5.5 running on an NT machine.

I want to grab the news every 30 minutes or so, process it and cache it, to reduce server load. I'm at home at the moment, on a dialup, and I notice that attempting to transform the moreover file, which begins with the DOCTYPE declaration

<!DOCTYPE moreovernews SYSTEM "http://p.moreover.com/xml_dtds/moreovernews.dtd">

fails when I'm offline, but not when I'm online.

I'm not actually clear what's going on here. Is Saxon actually attempting to grab the DTD or is Java having a problem because it thinks the URL should be resolved before proceeding? (In which case, why doesn't it crash like a normal Java app on a Mac...)

Or is it something else?

As I'm confident that Moreover files are valid, and my XSL doesn't care, is there any way to turn this feature off?

j
--

jim smith
020 7837 0377

XSL-List info and archive: http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.