[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Using Sun for XML Parsing and XSL Processing?

Subject: Using Sun for XML Parsing and XSL Processing?
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 18:32:45 -0400
Using Sun for XML Parsing and XSL Processing?
Hello,

The work I am doing requires both an XML parser and an XSL processor.  I originally went with XP/XT, but switched to Xerces/Xalan based on the issue of future support of XP/XT.  Another project in my organization only needs XML parsing, and has opted for the Sun parser (the JAXP reference implementation, I believe).  There is a desire (understandable) across the organization to be consistent in the parsers and such that we decide to use.

However, if I'm not mistaken, Sun does not provide an XSL processor at this point (due in Fall 2000, right?).  This is not an issue for the other project, but is a potential sticking point for mine.  If I am correct about the lack of a Sun XSL processor then is it adviseable to use the JAXP reference implementation with Xalan or maybe Oracle or Saxon?  Am I off-base for wanting to keep the parser and processor from the same vendor?  And, to make my head spin even more, where does the just released Sun XSLT compiler fit in?  I've yet to research it, but it doesn't seem to be what I'm looking for (and a little bit too early to consider using in production mode, anyway).

Any insight is appreciated.  This list has been invaluable, especially for these "soft" questions.  I just want to know my options before embarking down a path.

Thanks,
   Brian Young

XSL-List info and archive:  http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.