[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

xsl generated links

Subject: xsl generated links
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 15:16:54 CEST
xsl with links
I'm not sure if it's the right forum to ask, but i give it a try..

I'm have a table with two cell and in the cell on the left side i have generated several links from a xml file. These links has been named by uniqueID, here's the code which generate the links :

<xsl:for-each select="main_news/news/title"> <xsl:attribute name="href">#<xsl:eval>uniqueID(this) </xsl:eval></xsl:attribute> <xsl:value-of select="./@head"/> </xsl:for-each>

I've named the right cell 'info'.
What i want to do is when someone click on one of the link, the informating regarding that particular link is is read from the xml file and shown in the right cell of the table. If the user click on another links the existing information in the right cell will be replace with the new regarding link which was pressed.

xml syntax is
<main_news>
 <news>
     <title head="First headline">
       title text .......
     </title>
     <title head="Second headline">
       title text 2
     </title>
 </news>
 <news>
     <title head="First headline">
       title text .......
     </title>
     <title head="Second headline">
       title text2
     </title>
 </news>
</main_news>

I've found example where this work with plain text in a table of contence, but i want to use it in a table.

I appreciate any tip.

Steven

______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com

XSL-List info and archive: http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.