[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

XTL, XSL, .....

Subject: XTL, XSL, .....
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 11:37:55 +0100
xtl
Title: XTL, XSL, .....

I think that the XSL Working Draft shouldn't be divided.
I think is necessary a join developing both of the transformation rules and the Formatting Objects section.
It's my personal opinion that CSS of Level 1 and 2 are to poor for printing: it's necessary something to do a surther progress. Formatting Objects should have to become something which can really be an available way to see something printed or viewed.

CSS has a serious problem: it is thought for Internet document hence for unpaged document.
XML, XSL, for me, must see Internet only how a possible field for applications, but there are several other fields  out the net.

We may think,for example, at the work of catalogue documents and to the elaborations necessary for printing.
I know, you can tell me there are SGML and DSSSL: too complex, to difficult to use them. XML and XSL could be the solution.

I think to divide FO from XSL WD would be the end of the FO themselves.
I hope, instead, to have a WD with more details and certainies as soon as possible, so me, my factory and many other factories may produce experimental software that support FO beginning from a fairly firm base.

There aren't only Netscape, Microsoft, .....

Best regards.

16105 Sestri Ponente (GE)
Italy
http://www.elsag.it/
email: Stefano.Bovone@xxxxxxxx

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.