[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

"Illegal character in authority" error running java Sa

Subject: "Illegal character in authority" error running java Saxon under Windows
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 23:13:55 -0500
 "Illegal character in authority" error running java Sa
I'm using the Java version of Saxon-B 8.9 and Saxon-B 9.0.02 on both Mac OS X 10.5 and Windows XP Pro for processing XML documents using XSLT 2.0. I'm running Saxon in command-line form in both cases (CMD in Windows and Terminal in Mac OS).

I'm having a problem with an input XML document whose DTD contains an NDATA entity declared like this:

<!ENTITY xxxxx PUBLIC "-//xxxxxx//XXXX xxxxxx//EN"
"//xx-xxx-xxxxxx x/xxxxx/xxx/xxx/xxxxxx/xxxxxxx/xxxx/xxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxxxxxxxxx.jpg"
NDATA XXXX>

whose name is used as the value of an attribute that's declared like this:

entname ENTITY #REQUIRED

e.g. it's used like this:

<xxx entname="xxxxx"/>

The XSLT 2.0 script runs just fine under Mac OS, but under Windows the program terminates with an error message like this (I've stripped out a long list of nested method names, but that's all):

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
at ...
Caused by: java.net.URISyntaxException: Illegal character in authority at index 2: //xx-xxx-xxxxxx x/xxxxx/xxx/xxx/xxxxxx/xxxxxxx/xxxx/xxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxxxxxxxxx.jpg
at ...
Fatal error during transformation: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: (no message)

Note that there's a space in the SYSTEM name of the entity. If I remove it, the XSLT script runs just fine. So it looks like the space is the "Illegal character".

Does anyone know what's going on here? Most importantly, I would like to process documents with entity declarations like the above without having to change the source XML documents by removing spaces in entity SYSTEM names. Is there a way of doing that?

------------
Sam Wilmott
sam@xxxxxxxxxx
www.wilmott.ca

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.