[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Re: From WordprocessingML inline styles to nested inli

Subject: Re: From WordprocessingML inline styles to nested inline elements
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 10:53:58 +0100
Re:  From WordprocessingML inline styles to nested inli
Wendell,

I apologize for giving less consideration to your solution than to
David's, just because I didn't grasp that they were almost the same.

And sorry for not clearly separating what I am trying to do from what
your and David's approaches were. You wrote:

Now you've got me even more confused.

What I said was that my approach did *not* use a stylesheet to generate a stylesheet.

Neither does David's.

Of course not, you are absolutely right. The confusion was introduced by me, I suppose, after having read how you think of your solution:

This is a "meta-stylesheet" kind of application, but not in the sense
that it's a stylesheet that generates a stylesheet, but rather only
in the sense that its traversal logic is internally configurable rather than being done in the usual way, by traversing the input.

I subsequently picked up your term of "meta-stylesheet" in order to convey this piece of information I hadn't given in my original message: The inline styles transformation code I was looking for will be part of an operating stylesheet that I am generating via XSLT, hence using a meta-stylesheet - in the "real", conventional meaning you have taken care to distinguish from the meaning you gave it in the lines above.

As I preferred to focus on the styles transformation algorithm, I didn't want to bother you with the question of how to integrate this into my meta-stylesheet, still hoping that I'll find out for myself how to do this. So I didn't mention I would be using one.

Thank you again for your time and your valuable help!

Yves

Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.