Re: Tranforming XML document in tomcat...
On Tue, 2004-07-13 at 10:30, Arulraj wrote: > Hello, > I am tranforming XML document to someother text file > using Xalan in Tomcat 5.0.25 server. > > I got the following error; > HTTP Status 500 - [...] > root cause > > javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: Content is > not allowed in prolog. It sounds as if you have stray characters in the prolog to your document instance (the bit at the top, before the root element start-tag). I find the easiest way to trace this kind of error is to run an external stand-alone parser/validator over the document (eg rxp, nsgmls, etc) to check well-formedness or validity, because they will give you explicit line numbers and error messages. Java applications are notorious for giving you a megabyte of trace showing where *Java* spat blood, and nothing at all about where in the document the error was detected. Java people do themselves a great disservice by assuming that it is their Java code that has failed, when oftentimes it is the user's document/schema/dtd/stylesheet that is at fault. ///Peter
PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!
Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!
Download The World's Best XML IDE!
Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!
Subscribe in XML format