[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home]
[Reply To This Message]
Re: Re: What is the best way to cast integer to string
Subject: Re: Re: What is the best way to cast integer to string in X SLT2?|
From: Andrew Watt <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 15:34:07 +0100
At 14:47 13/05/2003 +0100, you wrote:
> A "Basic XSLT Processor" supports atomic values conforming to the
> built-in types defined in XML Schema. So you can do things like
> xs:duration("P10H30M") + xs:duration("P12H15M")
> to add two durations.
Except you can't because you can only add two yearMonthDurations or
two dayTimeDurations. Mike meant:
xdt:dayTimeDuration("PT10H30M") + xdt:dayTimeDuration("PT12H15M")
(Also note the "T" in the duration syntax, which separates the
year/month/day from the hours/minutes/seconds.)
I hope DP will be able to resist a comment to the effect, "Well if Michael
Kay can't get it right what hope is there for the rest of us?" :)
You can resist the temptation, can't you Dave? :)
I think, if we want the XSLT community to be able to use XSLT 2.0 dates /
times / durations effectively some sort of wallpaper matching chart will be
needed for a time.
XSL-List info and archive: http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list
- RE: Re: What is the best way to cast integer to string in X SLT2?, (continued)
- Andrew Watt - Mon, 12 May 2003 12:35:03 -0400 (EDT)
- Mike Haarman - Tue, 13 May 2003 01:17:42 -0400 (EDT)
- Michael Kay - Tue, 13 May 2003 09:27:28 -0400 (EDT)
- Jeni Tennison - Tue, 13 May 2003 09:47:42 -0400 (EDT)
- Andrew Watt - Tue, 13 May 2003 10:33:09 -0400 (EDT) <=
- Andrew Watt - Tue, 13 May 2003 10:20:06 -0400 (EDT)
- Michael Kay - Tue, 13 May 2003 10:43:47 -0400 (EDT)
- Jeni Tennison - Tue, 13 May 2003 11:25:36 -0400 (EDT)
- Mike Haarman - Tue, 13 May 2003 12:36:25 -0400 (EDT)
PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!
Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!
Download The World's Best XML IDE!
Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!
Subscribe in XML format