[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home]
[Reply To This Message]
Re: String manipulations with quotes
Subject: Re: String manipulations with quotes|
From: "J.Pietschmann" <j3322ptm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 00:02:18 +0200
Betty Harvey wrote:
I am trying to grab text within quotes. XSLT is not being cooperative.
Does anyone have any tricks to grab the quote. I would expect it would see
the double quote in the single quote as 'text' and not a delimiter.
However, it sees it as a closing quote. I tried the 'old vi backslash
trick'but it didn't work.
There is no backslash escaping in XML/XPath.
<xsl:value-of select="substring-after ($definition, '"')"/>
BTW you could write this as
<xsl:variable name="name1" select="substring-after($definition, '"')"/>
XSL-List info and archive: http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list
- RE: An eseay question., (continued)
- Passin, Tom - Thu, 10 Apr 2003 16:22:58 -0400 (EDT)
- Tham Tinh - Thu, 10 Apr 2003 16:49:34 -0400 (EDT)
- Rick Taylor - Thu, 10 Apr 2003 17:16:34 -0400 (EDT)
- Betty Harvey - Thu, 10 Apr 2003 17:32:29 -0400 (EDT)
- J.Pietschmann - Thu, 10 Apr 2003 17:58:44 -0400 (EDT) <=
- Betty Harvey - Thu, 10 Apr 2003 18:15:38 -0400 (EDT)
- Wendell Piez - Thu, 10 Apr 2003 18:52:09 -0400 (EDT)
- Mulberry Technologies List Owner - Thu, 10 Apr 2003 17:29:39 -0400 (EDT)
- Wendell Piez - Thu, 10 Apr 2003 18:20:53 -0400 (EDT)
PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!
Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!
Download The World's Best XML IDE!
Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!
Subscribe in XML format