[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Re: Paul T vs FO. No way.

Subject: Re: Paul T vs FO. No way.
From: Paul Tchistopolskii <paul@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 18:34:59 -0700
fo.no

> > Should I explain why this have not happen yet? I think it is
> > obvious why. XML is not really used in the current world.
> > Surprize? Oh, please ....
> 
> Um, Paul? Not to get too mixed up in your discussion but... We're using it,
> XSL, and FO in the real world... :-)

I trust you. More. I know some other people who do use XSL FO in 
the real world. ( And I think the experience those people got with 
XSL FO is a big bigger than your experience with XSL FO is ).  
I also know that people do use XML. For example, I'm writing the 
config files in XML. Is it usage of XML ? Of course, it is. 

I'm sorry, I think this discussion is premature. The point I'm 
making is: 

I know that from *technical* standpoint there is 
a big probability to get LinuxFO at some day. 

That's what I'm saying. 

I'm not saying "nobody can use XSL FO" I'm not saying 
"XSL FO is 'bad' or 'good'", I'm saying that XSL FO is 
addressing limited domain.  Is your point that because 
you are "using XSL FO in the real world", there is no 
place for LinuxFO ?

This is your view on the situation. It is like saying : 
"there is no need in Linux, because there is FreeBSD".

Time will show.

Rgds.Paul.

PS. BTW, when saying "we use XSL FO in the real life"  :
Do you mean you wrote some engine 100% conformant to the 
latest spec? Or you are in fact saying "we are using some 
limited subset of XSL FO latest specs which is occasionally 
supported by the engine N ... and we are sooooo happy that 
for our simple docs the subset that we use is working well.... 
We are not afraid to get more complex docs down the road - 
we got some nice people here - they can even write 
assembly programs in hex codes. They found  XSL FO 
easy to learn and they told us that whatever problem 
we could get - they'l solve it".

My point is that saying : "we use XSL FO in the real life" 
is not saying too much.  

PPS. Nobody blames your Free BSD ;-) Free BSD was ( is ) 
always better than Linux ;-)

The point is that some day you may get some strange  task and 
you may find that Linux has support for some video card , but 
Free BSD has no support for the similar hardware. For example.




 XSL-List info and archive:  http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list


Current Thread

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3
Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.