[XML-DEV Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Re: Re: [ANN] XSLT 1.0 and XPath 1.0 were published on 16Nov 1

• To: "Henry S. Thompson" <ht@markup.co.uk>, Michael Kay <mike@s...>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2019 01:13:21 +0000 (UTC)

Re:  Re: [ANN] XSLT 1.0 and XPath 1.0 were published on 16Nov 1
Thank you, Marcus, Henry, Michael! But the idea of XPath appears to me so coherent that I find it difficult to believe that it emerged in a process which has to do with votings and can be captured by minutes. I would really like to get closer to the core of it.

Hans-Jürgen

John Steinbeck, East of Eden:
"Nothing was ever created by two men. There are no good collaborations, whether in art, in poetry, in mathematics, in philosophy. Once the miracle of creation has taken place, the group can build and extend it, but the group never invents anything. The preciousness lies in the lonely mind of a man."

Am Sonntag, 17. November 2019, 01:18:30 MEZ hat Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com> Folgendes geschrieben:

Others with better memories can probably give more details, and there
should be minutes somewhere once someone can come up with
precise dates...

I based the historical information in my book on minutes of meetings, and Sharon always used to tell me I got it all wrong. Presumably because the minutes were not (in her perception) an accurate account of what really happened in the corridors.

I'm reminded of a nice remark in Martin Campbell-Kelly's excellent corporate history of ICL, that much of the information came from board minutes, and therefore at best, it didn't reflect what was actually going on in the company, but rather, what the board of directors thought was going on.

Michael Kay
Saxonica

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index]

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3

Stylus Studio has published XML-DEV in RSS and ATOM formats, enabling users to easily subcribe to the list from their preferred news reader application.

Stylus Studio Sponsored Links are added links designed to provide related and additional information to the visitors of this website. they were not included by the author in the initial post. To view the content without the Sponsor Links please click here.

Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.