[XML-DEV Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Re: versioning legal documents from many different countries

• To: Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 24 May 2019 10:22:22 +0200

Re:  versioning legal documents from many different countries
sure, but what I'm actually arguing for  (in this project) - as a way to keep admin work low - is to do a similarity search among documents at time of document import, then the admin can choose out of the 5 most similar documents if one is the same, and if not that they can always say no I know this document is the same as  document ID X, or just import it as a new document.
Otherwise the admins are going to need to do work about figuring out what version they are dealing with and give the document the right 'name' or right id. either way I'd prefer automating that for them as much as possible.

but my coworker, who already implemented some stuff before I came on to the project, expects that the admins will put documents into a watched folder on their system, and documents will be named as follows releasedate_correction_titleofdocument.pdf - titleofdocument could be the system document id, but I'm assuming that requires way too much admin work and has chances of being faulty - but it's only an assumption. So I'm hoping others can tell me - yeah I think that is way too problematic, or Bryan you're overthinking it, it won't really be a problem.

On Fri, May 24, 2019 at 10:10 AM Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@gmail.com> wrote:
Option: Give each document an id / number on entry to your system
and relate that to each document title. Simpler and you have control.

HTH

On Fri, 24 May 2019 at 09:00, bryan rasmussen <rasmussen.bryan@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> We are building a system that takes legal documents from many nations and organizations on a particular subject matter in, and needs to be able to version them. A coworker has suggested that when an admin puts in a new document they should name it releasedate_correction_titleofdocument.pdf
>
> however it has been my experience that titleofdocument is not going to cut it for automatically versioning these documents because of course not every country uses the same name between versions of a law. Therefore the admin would have to do work on determining what title of document is - does anyone have any experience on this and how usable would you think the releasedate_correction_titleofdocument.pdf would prove to be in real life?
>
> Thanks,
> Bryan Rasmussen

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.
Docbook FAQ.

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index]

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3

Stylus Studio has published XML-DEV in RSS and ATOM formats, enabling users to easily subcribe to the list from their preferred news reader application.

Stylus Studio Sponsored Links are added links designed to provide related and additional information to the visitors of this website. they were not included by the author in the initial post. To view the content without the Sponsor Links please click here.

Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.