[XML-DEV Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Re: Understanding the scope of XML catalog

• To: "Imsieke, Gerrit, le-tex" <gerrit.imsieke@le-tex.de>,XML Developers List <xml-dev@l...>
  • Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2019 11:57:21 -0500

Re:  Understanding the scope of XML catalog
I actually pulled the RNG schemas out of the UBL 2.2 release as we had no evidence that they were ever used in UBL 2.1:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/os-UBL-2.1/UBL-2.1.html#S-UBL-2.1-RELAX-NG-SCHEMAS

This was consistent with the concept of publishing multiple alternative non-normative representations of the normative semantic library and normative XML schemas. The semantic library is described using the Core Component Technical Specification (CCTS) 2.01 from UN/CEFACT. UBL uses the OASIS Naming and Design Rules to create various schema semantic expressions of the document constraints.

And so I also pulled the ASN.1 schemas out of UBL 2.2, but we still have demand for those, and so those are now separately published (and currently under review):

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201902/msg00020.html

As there has been zero demand for us to publish UBL 2.2 in RELAX-NG, I think I was justified in removing it. We can always publish a new committee note if needed.

This semantic library in CCTS approach also allows us to publish a JSON alternative representation of the UBL semantics, and this also has been used and we have had good feedback ... the latest for Draft07 of JSON is under review:

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-ndrsc/201811/msg00000.html

What is different about NVDL is that I could include the one NVDL fragment in each of the xsd/ and xsdrt/ subdirectories of the distribution in order to despatch the validation to the normative XSD schemas. That "feels" different to me than offering an alternative set of validation semantics.

. . . . . Ken

At 2019-03-02 17:45 +0100, Imsieke, Gerrit, le-tex wrote:
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

On 02.03.2019 17:29, G. Ken Holman wrote:
Thank you!
Your thinking of alternatives also leads me to consider including an NVDL schema in the distribution. Then users can use that one schema to validate any XML document.
A quick search, though, doesn't help me find any examples of command-line NVDL processors that I could include as a JAR file in the UBL distribution. The 20151127 jing that I found appears to take in only an RELAX-NG argument as input.
Yes. I believe the jing version that you mentioned and maybe a more up-to-date version that is also maintained/patched by the oXygen folks is the only viable NVDL validator available. I think it does neither XSD nor ISO Schematron validations. Of course you can try to convert all XSDs to RNGs. We are using some msv-rngconverter-2013.2.jar for it, but it doesn't always work out of the box.

Gerrit

--
Contact info, blog, articles, etc. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/x/ |
Check our site for free XML, XSLT, XSL-FO and UBL developer resources |
Streaming hands-on XSLT/XPath 2 training class @ US$45 (5 hours free) |

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index]

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3

Stylus Studio has published XML-DEV in RSS and ATOM formats, enabling users to easily subcribe to the list from their preferred news reader application.

Stylus Studio Sponsored Links are added links designed to provide related and additional information to the visitors of this website. they were not included by the author in the initial post. To view the content without the Sponsor Links please click here.

Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.