[XML-DEV Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Use of ID/IDREF in XSD

• To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2019 12:08:54 -0500

Use of ID/IDREF in XSD

I have a schema with a lot of xsd:ID and xsd:IDREF. I’m trying to add some assertions to a redefined schema that require dereferencing the id. Here is an assert:

<xs:assert test="id(PersonId)/Profession/@label != ''" xpathDefaultNamespace="##defaultNamespace"/>

However, when testing an instance, Saxon throws Description: Element n1:Candidate does not satisfy assertion id(PersonId)/Profession/@label != ''”

XMLSpy is similarly displeased.

From what I’ve read on the internet, idref and id can only be used with DTD? I’m not sure why, a schema aware engine should be able to infer the data types of the tags as well.

Code is here:

https://gist.github.com/JDziurlaj/863f9f466b22b32bdc671e35555b7416

John Dziurłaj

Elections Consultant

Hilton Roscoe LLC
Cell 330-714-8935 Work/Fax 234-706-6434

PGP Fingerprint: 8466 BB28 6A92 EE06 F71D 1519 FB42 2861 6DC0 E92C

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index]

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3

Stylus Studio has published XML-DEV in RSS and ATOM formats, enabling users to easily subcribe to the list from their preferred news reader application.

Stylus Studio Sponsored Links are added links designed to provide related and additional information to the visitors of this website. they were not included by the author in the initial post. To view the content without the Sponsor Links please click here.

Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.