[XML-DEV Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Fwd: xml:base and fragments

• To: XML Developers List <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2017 08:22:44 +0200

Fwd:  xml:base and fragments
Had originally intended to send to the whole list.

> Begin forwarded message:
> 
> From: "Andrew S. Townley" <ast@atownley.org>
> Subject: Re:  xml:base and fragments
> Date: May 11, 2017 at 10:03:36 PM GMT+2
> To: "C. M. Sperberg-McQueen" <cmsmcq@blackmesatech.com>
> 
> 
>> On May 11, 2017, at 7:35 PM, C. M. Sperberg-McQueen <cmsmcq@blackmesatech.com> wrote:
>> 
>> It begins to look as if the entire discussion has not been about any
>> substantive issue at all, but only about your objection to words you 
>> put into my mouth.
> 
> I was actually trying to push for clarification as to why what I said seemed to dance on the edge of a similar, shared understanding and then ultimately veer off at the last moment.
> 
> The only thing where it seems we actually disagreed – and still seem to at some level – is regarding the premise that a given resource fragment could have more than one dereferenceable URI in the presence of a base URI defined within the resource content and still be conformant with the wording of RFC 3986.
> 
> From my side, as I said before, I appreciate the discussion as it was both interesting and useful in expanding the depth of my own understanding of the RFC in the attempt to help clarify a point on behalf of someone else regarding xml:base.  Hopefully, it also somehow assisted in resolving the original TEI issue at some point along the way,
> 
> Many thanks for your participation and engagement.
> 
>> 
>> I think we’re done now.
> 
> Yep.
> 
> --
> Andrew S. Townley <ast@atownley.org>
> http://atownley.org
> 

--
Andrew S. Townley <ast@atownley.org>
http://atownley.org

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index]

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3

Stylus Studio has published XML-DEV in RSS and ATOM formats, enabling users to easily subcribe to the list from their preferred news reader application.

Stylus Studio Sponsored Links are added links designed to provide related and additional information to the visitors of this website. they were not included by the author in the initial post. To view the content without the Sponsor Links please click here.

Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.