[XML-DEV Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Re: getting started with HR-XML

• To: Lech Rzedzicki <xchaotic@gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 13:45:23 +0100

Re:  getting started with HR-XML
Lech,

I reckon XML is proven to be useful between businesses for transferring lots
of data, frequently, but I cannot think of any cases where it has proven to be
worth the overheads for small, one-off documents or messages between, say,
an individual and a business (even one individual many businesses, when
for each business the is just one transfer). i.e. XML seems to be great B2B
(or application to application) but perhaps is unproven for B2C.

Cheers

Steve  
----
Stephen D Green

On 24 June 2011 04:20, Lech Rzedzicki <xchaotic@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi.

I am having another look at status quo in keeping ones professional/career information and revisiting the schemas after a few years.
XMLResume[1], while more lightweight seems pretty dead to me and in a way it's not only bad as it's better to have one standard in a given area of expertise.
The winner, HR-XML leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to openness and community support, but the schemas themselves are free.
Over the years the schemas have grown a lot in complexity and include transaction and all the backend specific to HR.
I am, for now set on converting my resume to HR-XML, but I am a bit puzzled as to how to approach it, the schema, as you download it, contains a mere 5600 files.
Still, I am guessing that I might want to use /HR-XML-3_1_1/org_hr-xml/3_1_1/Developer/Nouns/Candidate.xsd
I tried a simple instance and it validates, but now I am a bit puzzled.
Is it really going to be that useful as an interchange standard? I have yet to see a end worker facing job site that accepts CVs in HR-XML (all 7 of them).
If all I get is an ability to publish cross-media (PDF, HTML, doc), I was doing just fine with Word, to be honest.
Does anyone here have any recent experience with the standard or is involved with hr-xml community?
If so is this the right approach that one should take towards writing a resume?
Are there any plans to release a simplified schema, just to cover the needs of the end users who need to write/update their CV/resume?

Lech

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index]

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3

Stylus Studio has published XML-DEV in RSS and ATOM formats, enabling users to easily subcribe to the list from their preferred news reader application.

Stylus Studio Sponsored Links are added links designed to provide related and additional information to the visitors of this website. they were not included by the author in the initial post. To view the content without the Sponsor Links please click here.

Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.