[XML-DEV Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Re: Handling Multiple Service Responses

• To: "Fraser Goffin" <goffinf@g...>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 21:56:35 -0500

Re:  Handling Multiple Service Responses

Fraser Goffin wrote:

> one of my colleagues they suggested that when returning a SOAP Fault
> their might be some behaviour implemented by the particular library
> used (consistent with SOAP Fault processing) which may occur by
> default and which, in some cases of business errors, may not be what
> is intended.

That wouldn't surprise me.   The Recommendation really doesn't insist normatively on how application errors are handled, and I suspect it would in some cases be difficult to get agreement on what's an error at the application level anyway.  So, it wouldn't be surprising at all if certain libraries or runtimes made the assumption that SOAP faults were related to middleware rather than application issues.  I should have acknowledged that in my last note.  I just wanted to point out that it's definitely OK per the Recommendation to use SOAP faults for application-level errors should you wish to.

Noah

--------------------------------------
Noah Mendelsohn
IBM Corporation
One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142
1-617-693-4036
--------------------------------------

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index]

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3

Stylus Studio has published XML-DEV in RSS and ATOM formats, enabling users to easily subcribe to the list from their preferred news reader application.

Stylus Studio Sponsored Links are added links designed to provide related and additional information to the visitors of this website. they were not included by the author in the initial post. To view the content without the Sponsor Links please click here.

Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.