[XML-DEV Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

RE: OOXML: So what *should* happen now?

• To: "'XML Developers List'" <xml-dev@l...>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 09:04:09 -0400

RE:  OOXML: So what *should* happen now?

Maybe it is considered old fashioned these days, but I'm accustomed to measuring the sufficiency of a quality review not by the number of defects found but by the coverage ratio of the thing being reviewed.  In other words, 3,549 errors from reviewing 20% of a standard may not be so good, but finding 200 errors from reading 100% of it may be very good, if those are the 200 most serious errors.

Have you developed any sense of the coverage of these comments?  My quick glance seems to indicate that Part 5 was not reviewed much.  Same for PresentationML.  I certainly know that my own review never got past the 20% mark for coverage.

-Rob

Rick Jelliffe <rjelliffe@a...> wrote on 09/10/2007 08:01:32 AM:

> By the way, the most recent count I have on the number of issues raised
> on DIS 29500 is about 3549. I would imagine there would be many
> duplicates or groupings. So much for "no review"!
>
> I've quoted recent discussion on this list on my blog
> http://www.oreillynet.com/xml/blog/2007/09/on_error_rates_in_drafts_of_st.html
>
> Cheers
> Rick Jelliffe

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index]

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3

Stylus Studio has published XML-DEV in RSS and ATOM formats, enabling users to easily subcribe to the list from their preferred news reader application.

Stylus Studio Sponsored Links are added links designed to provide related and additional information to the visitors of this website. they were not included by the author in the initial post. To view the content without the Sponsor Links please click here.

Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.