[XML-DEV Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

RE: [SUMMARY #1] Why is there little usage of XML on the 'vis

RE:  [SUMMARY #1] Why is there little usage of XML on  the 'vis
It is work that is already in progress.

I may be missing the point here, but reading the CLAX thread is déjà vu all over again.  I generally agree that XML plumbing needs to be outside of the browser as services, but domain-specific clients are needed only if one can't create semantics inside the rendering language or as server-side class libraries.  I'll relax and watch, but I suspect this will eventually evolve into the "why isn't XML an object-oriented language"?" topic.   That thread goes nowhere we haven't been before.  It becomes yet-another-high-level-script for object services.

What one wants is an XML application that is object-oriented.  X3D is for the most part.  Protos aren't a great way to do classes but combined with Java, it all works until the 'Java not enabled' warning appears.  Then it is back to the same old never goes away problem of bindings.

A C# binding for X3D is a nice-to-get but that is a topic for a different list.

len 

Hi Len,

Len mentioned:
http://hcilab.uniud.it/let-web3d/x3d-intro.pdf

See slide 12.  I realize you mean a "CML client" but this is a good idea too.

Didier replies:
Jee Len, you're right, a CML interpreter would be better to use web3d because most chemical compounds are definitively better viewed in 3D. So Peter a missing part for your tool is a 3D viewer. Sounds like web3d is a better candidate than SVG.

Cheers
Didier PH Martin

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3

Stylus Studio has published XML-DEV in RSS and ATOM formats, enabling users to easily subcribe to the list from their preferred news reader application.

Stylus Studio Sponsored Links are added links designed to provide related and additional information to the visitors of this website. they were not included by the author in the initial post. To view the content without the Sponsor Links please click here.

Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.