[XML-DEV Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

XML on PDA

• To: <xml-dev@l...>
  • Subject: XML on PDA
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 11:54:22 -0500
  • Thread-index: AcYgPai3KFU4RzdCSd2f2PLngRv1uw==
  • Thread-topic: XML on PDA

xml pda
Title: Message
Guys,

I am in the process of developing a data entry application to run on a PDA. The process goes something like this:
1. Upload XML file from my Oracle database to the server.
2. Transform the XML file using XSL.
3. Download the transformed XML file from the server to a PDA.
4. While using the PDA, the user performs data entry on the transformed XML file.
5. The file is uploaded back to the server.
6. The file is uploaded back to the database.

I have not figured out all of the details as of yet. For now my biggest problem is step 4. How do I update the XML/XSL file with new info? I have read about DOM but that only updates in memory. I have also tried data island, but that does not work either.

"If you will only untie his hands, and give him a chance, I think he will live. He will work as readily for himself ........"

Frederick Douglas

Gregory Williams
MIS Director
Oracle Certified Professional
LMIT/M&M
703-516-2215

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3

Stylus Studio has published XML-DEV in RSS and ATOM formats, enabling users to easily subcribe to the list from their preferred news reader application.

Stylus Studio Sponsored Links are added links designed to provide related and additional information to the visitors of this website. they were not included by the author in the initial post. To view the content without the Sponsor Links please click here.

Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.