[XML-DEV Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

RE: Create DB Structure based on Schema/DTD set

• To: "Adolfo Rodriguez" <adolfo@e...>,<xml-dev@l...>
  • Subject: RE: Create DB Structure based on Schema/DTD set
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 16:39:00 -0500
  • Cc: <posi0@h...>,"cesar valbuena" <cesar@e...>
  • Importance: normal
  • Priority: normal
  • Thread-index: AcN9PZL5vf7aiKqKSoWczt40MEnEggAJRg1g
  • Thread-topic: Create DB Structure based on Schema/DTD set

create db
Looking at your 'resume.xsd' file, I'm no expert, but there's no single root element defined. After a quick read of your schema i made an very brief complimentary XML doc:

<StructuredXMLResume>
    <ContactInfo>yyy</ContactInfo>
</StructuredXMLResume>
<NonXMLResume>
    <TextResume>zzz</TextResume>
</NonXMLResume>

which - regarless of schema - won't load:

The XML page cannot be displayed

Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

Only one top level element is allowed in an XML document. Error processing resource 'file:///C:/resume.xml'. Line 4, Position 2

<NonXMLResume>
-^

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2003 11:56 AM
To: xml-dev@l...
Cc: posi0@h...; cesar valbuena
Subject: Create DB Structure based on Schema/DTD set

Hi all,

I am looking for a way to, from an DTD or XML schema set corresponding to a bussiness model, e.g.:

http://http://www.starstandard.org

http://www.hr-xml.org

create a database structure. My targeted database is my-sql. I have been making tests with XMLSpy (option Create DB Structure based on schema), WSAD (Option generate DDL on right mouse click over a xsd file) and other both, either commercial or open source tools, and none of them was able to create such a database.

As an example I attach two xsd files, which contains a well-formed schema. If any of you could help in creating sucha database would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Adolfo Rodriguez Miguelez

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3

Stylus Studio has published XML-DEV in RSS and ATOM formats, enabling users to easily subcribe to the list from their preferred news reader application.

Stylus Studio Sponsored Links are added links designed to provide related and additional information to the visitors of this website. they were not included by the author in the initial post. To view the content without the Sponsor Links please click here.

Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.