[XML-DEV Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Re: Zen or Games?

irm crack
In a message dated 26/06/2003 15:01:25 GMT Daylight Time, clbullar@i... writes:

<curmudgeonlyQuestions>
Ready to turn your business processes over to semantic machines?
How about your career?
</curmudgeonlyQuestions>

Len,

I don't consider those curmudgeonly questions. They are, in my view, important and entirely legitimate questions.

Present day software is highly efficient at putting into place inadequately thought out policies. The more areas of life that software permeates the more likely we will be in more than faintly ridiculous Catch 22 situations.

There are much more basic pieces of logic which need to be put in place too.

A couple of days ago I was tearing my hair out after an install of W*****s S****r 2003 needed to be reinstalled (my choice / fault). The "clever" install routine informed me that I couldn't install W*****s because a file was missing from the previous install on the hard disk. That left me in a position where the faulty previous install prevented the install which was needed to correct it being installed.

Is anyone willing to take bets about IRM? I fully expect something to go wrong at times so that the person who wants his/her files to be confidential finds they are *so* confidential that not even he/she is allowed access to them. :) As far as I am concerned it's only a question of how often it happens, to whom and how publicly. ... So, either the confidential files need to be backed up in non-IRM form (which somewhat defeats the aim) or we find out that there is a way to crack IRM ... for a price.

Andrew Watt

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3

Stylus Studio has published XML-DEV in RSS and ATOM formats, enabling users to easily subcribe to the list from their preferred news reader application.

Stylus Studio Sponsored Links are added links designed to provide related and additional information to the visitors of this website. they were not included by the author in the initial post. To view the content without the Sponsor Links please click here.

Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.