[XML-DEV Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

regarding u'r mail to XML dev list

mail to xml
Title: regarding u'r mail to XML dev list

Hello:

I have a bunch of (26) schemas that are circular, recursive and full of choices. In short a really complex schema definition.

I am tryin to build a web application that would generate ( Servlets-JSP-HTML ) forms to let anyone create a valid instance (XML doc) for that schema.

I tried using castor, which choked, throwing an exception while trying to deal with circular imports.
JAXB did successfully generate all the binding classes (which made me really happy). But the generated class structure is overwhelmingly complex. I realized that manually creating Java Beans would result in a much simpler/usable design.

I also realized that it does not make sense to now handcode JSP's and servlets to render HTML forms to build the XML file.

I looked at other options like cocoon, but even they require lot of handcoding. When I say handcoding, I mean, one has to manually generate the corresponding HTML forms, label the input fields, retrieve them from requests, process them into beans, and invoke appropriate response. I also looked at XForms, XUpdate, but none seemed to work the way I want them to. I looked at a few commercial tools and their demos run on simple XSDs (with no choices).

I am looking for a tool, or ideas, on handling schemas in such a way that most of the HTML form generation is automated or configurable. So that changes to schema structure do not call for regeneration of classes, and recreation of the entire application.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Thank you.

Sunder

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3

Stylus Studio has published XML-DEV in RSS and ATOM formats, enabling users to easily subcribe to the list from their preferred news reader application.

Stylus Studio Sponsored Links are added links designed to provide related and additional information to the visitors of this website. they were not included by the author in the initial post. To view the content without the Sponsor Links please click here.

Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.