[XML-DEV Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Re: xml documents which exercise unicode

mixed encoding xml

the n X 100Mb dump is a bit daunting. ? is it possible to get the rdf presentation of individual pages? in the html which i looked at, the content of each
respective element appeared to be amenable to a single system-specific encoding, but i'c curious whether that's strictly a matter of chance or of convention.

underlying question is whether an application would expect to work with such "mixed encoding" content as multiple "single encoding" runs. i oberve that the DOM
specifies a normalization to a single run of utf-16 with surrogates in it's "interface", while java representes strings with a variation of utf-8. although i've
never tried to do things with complex fonts in java, that would seem to still be some distance to the representation which one would need for system calls to
get the correct glyphs on the screen.

Tim Bray wrote:
> 
> james anderson wrote:
> > is there a collection of documents available which exercises unicode? something more than the few cases in the conformance suite? something which mixes texts
> > which would have distinct (eg language-specific) 16-bit encodings?
> 
> The RDF dumps of http://dmoz.org, tons of stuff in every which language --
> Cheers, Tim Bray
>          (ongoing fragmented essay: http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/)

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3

Stylus Studio has published XML-DEV in RSS and ATOM formats, enabling users to easily subcribe to the list from their preferred news reader application.

Stylus Studio Sponsored Links are added links designed to provide related and additional information to the visitors of this website. they were not included by the author in the initial post. To view the content without the Sponsor Links please click here.

Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.