[XML-DEV Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Microsoft on XML

• To: <xml-dev@l...>
  • Subject: Microsoft on XML
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 22:57:05 -0500
  • Importance: Normal
  • Organization: Empowering You!
  • Reply-to: <pam@e...>

Microsoft on XML
Title: Message

I thought you all would be interested in part of an email letter about XML from Steve Ballmer of Microsoft. 

"...  Today we recognize that our decisions have an impact on many other technology companies. We have an important leadership role to play in our industry, and we must play by new rules - both legally and as determined by industry trends. (new paragraph) For example, we recognize that we need to support industry cooperation in new and creative ways, as we're doing in the development of standards based on eXtensible Markup Language, or XML. The entire industry has embraced XML as the universal way for computers to talk to each other in a much richer way across the World Wide Web. Today companies like Microsoft and IBM collaborate on enhancing XML-based standards while at the same time competing to make innovative, easy-to-use software that helps customers take advantage of the power of XML.  ..."

I signed up for the "occasional emails from me [Steve Ballmer], Bill Gates and other Microsoft executives on important technology and public-policy topics". (No I don't know where to go to sign up for the e-mails.)  Posting this snippit was for informational purposes ABOUT XML only.  I do NOT intend to start a huge dialog about Microsoft, their marketing, and whether they are telling the truth or not.  If you want to see the whole letter then email me off-list in the next day and I'll forward a copy to you.  The part I copied is the only part dealing with XML.  

Pam Ammond

Empowering You!

Please check out the "Wow! Look At Windows XP" book I wrote at http://www.windowsxpbook.com/

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3

Stylus Studio has published XML-DEV in RSS and ATOM formats, enabling users to easily subcribe to the list from their preferred news reader application.

Stylus Studio Sponsored Links are added links designed to provide related and additional information to the visitors of this website. they were not included by the author in the initial post. To view the content without the Sponsor Links please click here.

Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.