[XML-DEV Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Which is better (for medical data)?

• To: <xml-dev@l...>
  • Subject: Which is better (for medical data)?
  • Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 19:25:48 -0400
  • Importance: Normal

medical data xml

Hello XML experts,

I'm involved in a project to develop a medical database for clinical images. We are considering Filemaker 6.0 (which is for the non-professional, much like Access, but has the ability to export and import XML). I understand all the big guys too handle XML. But someone told me that XML itself CAN be used as a database. Then I heard about "Native XML Databases" or NXDs. But reading further I got confused. There seem to be 2 camps: those in favor of traditional databases with XML support, and the pure XML folks.

What would you recommend? Which is better (for medical data)?

Native XML database

or

XML-enabled relational database?

Thanks a lot!

Elizabeth

(An XML newbie)

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3

Stylus Studio has published XML-DEV in RSS and ATOM formats, enabling users to easily subcribe to the list from their preferred news reader application.

Stylus Studio Sponsored Links are added links designed to provide related and additional information to the visitors of this website. they were not included by the author in the initial post. To view the content without the Sponsor Links please click here.

Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.