[XML-DEV Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Re: Problem with XML Schema

schema not registered
It would help if you mentioned products names and platforms.  

XML Schemas is large and comprehensive. Every implementation has known and unknown
shortfallings.  Test suites are only now coming out, and there are still many "XML Schemas"
implementation based on earlier drafts of the specification floating around on systems.

Is 'PartyNote_V1' the top-level element? 
 -- That might indicate that you have not registered the correct schemaLocation and
the XML Schema processor has not found the declarations.

Does your schema use namespaces?  
  -- The lack of a namespace prefix on the error message may indicate that your
document does not have a correct xmlns declaration in-scope for PartyNote_V1.

I hope these two possibilities are useful.  If you have access to a Windows platform,
you may find it useful to download our free validator GUI[1]: for XML Schema validation it
uses Microsoft's excellent MSXML 4 library, which seems to be more mature and reliable than
Xerces at the current time. 

Cheers
Rick Jelliffe
[1] http://www.topologi.com/

----- Original Message ----- 
To: <xml-dev@l...>
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2002 6:31 AM
Subject:  Problem with XML Schema

Hi, 
 when i validate the XML doc on a DTD. That is, the parser validates the XML file on a DTD. But the parser is not validating the XML file on a XML-Schema. Error:  "org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Element type "PartyNote_V1" must be declared"  is thrown. 
Actually this same thing works fine on windows. That is the parser is validating the same XML file on the XML-Schema on windows platform.
  I could not find out the reason.
  If the problem is not clear, please ask me.

Regards,
Raja

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3

Stylus Studio has published XML-DEV in RSS and ATOM formats, enabling users to easily subcribe to the list from their preferred news reader application.

Stylus Studio Sponsored Links are added links designed to provide related and additional information to the visitors of this website. they were not included by the author in the initial post. To view the content without the Sponsor Links please click here.

Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.