[XML-DEV Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Re: Web Services Best Practice, summary 2

• To: Mike Champion <mc@x...>
  • Subject: Re: Web Services Best Practice, summary 2
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 13:30:02 -0500
  • Bcc:
  • Cc: xml-dev@l...

arrays in web services

Mike Champion                                                                                  
                    <mc@x...       To:     xml-dev@l...                                             
                    g>                   cc:                                                                       
                                         Subject:     Re:  Web Services Best Practice, summary 2          
                    01/10/02 01:07                                                                                 
                    PM                                                                                             

<snip/>

> One thing this discussion has clarified for me is that "Web Services"
cover an awful lot of application territory

<snip/>

Right, and although I admire Roger's effort to determine best practices
here I believe the market will defy such determination. There really are an
awful lot of ways these services can be used and people/developers will use
them as they see fit in their own situation. I think Amy's point is dead-on
regarding the suitability of fine- or coarse-grained services and how they
might eventually be mixed and matched. In fact as the tech becomes more
prevalent I imagine we'll eventaully start to see folks defining an array
of services to expose their system functionality in a variety of ways. Much
as you define an API today, perhaps you'll define a "Service Programming
Interface" (or dare I introduce an acronym - SPI) in the near future.

Michael A. Rossi
Computer Sciences Corporation
mailto:mrossi@c...
856-983-4400 x4964

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3

Stylus Studio has published XML-DEV in RSS and ATOM formats, enabling users to easily subcribe to the list from their preferred news reader application.

Stylus Studio Sponsored Links are added links designed to provide related and additional information to the visitors of this website. they were not included by the author in the initial post. To view the content without the Sponsor Links please click here.

Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.