[XML-DEV Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Simple Beginners Problems

• To: xml-dev@l...
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 16:37:06 +0100

xls stylesheet
It all seemed so easy in the seminar.

This is taking place on an NT4 machine with the Personal Web Server running as a service.

First, after attending the seminar, I installed the Tibco XML developement toolkit, which set itself as the default application for a number of file types.

After attempting to load the xml file unsuccessfully with IE5.5, I downloaded and installed NS6.

At first, it more or less worked. That is, NS loaded the file without performing any of the formatting from the xls file. I could not find any evidence that either the dtd or the xls were being read. As a matter of fact, it displayed the file as if it were an html file; one long string of the text from between my tags.

My problem has, meanwhile gotten worse, in that neither NS nor IE want to display the file now and display download dialog boxes. That is very likely very off topic in this forum but if anybody has a suggestion there, it would be appreciated.

Feel free to send me off to someplace more suited to this question. Scanning the archives has shown me that the posters here are generally substantially beyond the point I am stuck at.

I have placed all three files in wwwroot. The xml file starts with:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<!DOCTYPE bltgfx SYSTEM "bltgfx.dtd">
<?xml-stylesheet href="bltgfx.xls" type="text/xls"?>

The dtd file contains no document information blocks (I've never seen any in any of the tutorials, references and specifications).
And the xsl file starts with:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xls-stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format" version="1.0">

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,
Carlyle

--

Diese E-Mail enthält vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschützte Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht gestattet.

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3

Stylus Studio has published XML-DEV in RSS and ATOM formats, enabling users to easily subcribe to the list from their preferred news reader application.

Stylus Studio Sponsored Links are added links designed to provide related and additional information to the visitors of this website. they were not included by the author in the initial post. To view the content without the Sponsor Links please click here.

Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.