[XML-DEV Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Things are not what they seem - was RE: Urgently need arealit

• To: JOHN CANT /6183 <jcant@O...>, xml-dev@l...
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 12:24:48 -0700

arealit

I did the same thing and I uploaded my resume.

But as I started checking many of the positions are reposts of the same position and a very high number of the positions are actually closed.  And many recruiters say companies are currently putting things on hold.

I have gotten negative response for the number of jobs I have had in the past two years – TWO.  The first company, iVendor, closed their doors and the second company is cutting back so they don’t have to.  Besides a little consulting to get experience, I stayed at the same place for over 13 years.   If I look like a job hopper to HR, I want to drink what they are drinking….

The job market is really depressing but then I watch the news and feel very lucky. 

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2001 11:15 AM
To: 'Jerry Murray'; xml-dev@l...
Subject: RE: Urgently need a reality check on the job market for XML development

Have you tried DICE http://www.dice.com. I just surfed over there and put in a search for Java and XML resticted to area codes 415, 650 and 408 and got 315 hits.

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3

Stylus Studio has published XML-DEV in RSS and ATOM formats, enabling users to easily subcribe to the list from their preferred news reader application.

Stylus Studio Sponsored Links are added links designed to provide related and additional information to the visitors of this website. they were not included by the author in the initial post. To view the content without the Sponsor Links please click here.

Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.