[XML-DEV Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Format

• To: xml-dev@l...
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 10:32:11 -0500

nogginlabs
Forgive the simplicity of the question and any awkward language-I am just 6 days into my XML adventure. I am creating a tool which will allow "writers" to utilize an online form wherein the fields adhere to our learning application templates. These forms will be generated as XML files.  I would like the "writer" to be able to declare certain words bold, italic, underlined, etc. Bold would then be outputted as an element, ie <BOLD>.

How can I then take this element and dynamically transfer this to my XSLT thus resulting in a correctly formatted html file?

See example of an outputted XML file-

<question>

<bold>
    <one>What is the answer?</one>
    <two>Where can I find it?</two>
</bold>

<bold>Read the following question above and answer it below.</bold>

<responders>
    <responder1>The answer is <bold>not</bold> what you have indicated.
    <responder2>Correct.</responder2>
</responders>

</question>

The bold element will be in multiple places in several levels. How can I apply a style to all of these elements in my XSLT template? I do not want to go in manually and apply span classes to each "formatting element". I would like to set some sort of syntax that would declare this for all "formatting elements".

Secondly, can you embed elements such as in <responder1>?

Thanks and for your patience as well-
jennifer

NogginLabs, Inc. <> Think . Experience . Perform

1800 W. Larchmont, Suite 3E1 <> Chicago, IL 60613

Tel 773 830 0050 <> Direct 773 830 0054 <> Fax 773 830 0055

http://www.nogginlabs.com

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3

Stylus Studio has published XML-DEV in RSS and ATOM formats, enabling users to easily subcribe to the list from their preferred news reader application.

Stylus Studio Sponsored Links are added links designed to provide related and additional information to the visitors of this website. they were not included by the author in the initial post. To view the content without the Sponsor Links please click here.

Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.