[XML-DEV Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Ordering of child nodes after parsing

• To: "'xml-dev@l...'" <xml-dev@l...>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 13:00:22 +0000

xml child nodes
Title: Ordering of child nodes after parsing

If, for example I have the following piece of xml

<parent>
        <child attribute="blah1"/>
        <child attribute="blah2"/>
        <child attribute="blah3"/>
</parent>

is it written (in the XML spec) anywhere that the parser must return those child nodes in the order that they have been given.  I know it sounds right that it should, but I need to know if this is in the spec (this is for a boolean evaluation system I'm writing in XML / PERL and I need to know if for safety's sake I should put some ordering information in my children (variables), or if this is built into this spec)

Thanks for any info.

--

Gareth Harper
Engineering

Gareth.Harper@s...

SPORTAL LIMITED
40 parkgate road, london
SW11 4JH, united kingdom
f:      +44 (0) 20  7350 4701
m:      +44 (0) 7989 418742
http://www.sportal.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This e-mail is intended only for the above named addressee/s. The contents of the e-mail and any attached files are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender immediately and then delete the e-mail, any attachments and any returned copy, without copying, forwarding, disclosing or otherwise using it in any way. Any content that does not relate to the official business of Sportal Limited or its associated companies shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3

Stylus Studio has published XML-DEV in RSS and ATOM formats, enabling users to easily subcribe to the list from their preferred news reader application.

Stylus Studio Sponsored Links are added links designed to provide related and additional information to the visitors of this website. they were not included by the author in the initial post. To view the content without the Sponsor Links please click here.

Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.