[XML-DEV Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

need suggestions and help with jclark's XT

• To: xml-dev <xml-dev@l...>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2000 08:51:11 -0500

jclark xt
All,
I am trying to implement the XT product from jclark.com and am getting the following error.  I have done a screen shot of the script that we are running and the error that is followed.  I believe the problem is that I am unable to specify the parser to use (so that XT recognizes it), so it is falling back to the "commentdriver".  Could you give me the correct syntax for correctly specifying the parser to use.

Also if anyone has any suggestions on how to take an XML document, format it and save as a .pdf it would be greatly appreciated.  (I will be looking to do this in a batch environment).  My current method of choice is to use XT to get to an HTML doc and then use HTMLDOC to save as a PDF.  (my doc will have lots of tables per page (14).)  Am also using UNIX as our environment.

sundvlp: pwd
/opt/java/xml/xt

sundvlp: cat xt.sh
JAVA_HOME=/opt/j2sdk1_3_0
CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:/opt/java/xml/xp:/opt/java/xml/sax:/opt/java/xml/xt:/opt/ja
va/xml/htmldoc:/opt/j2dsk1_3_0
export JAVA_HOME CLASSPATH
/opt/j2sdk1_3_0/bin/java -jar /opt/java/xml/xt/xt.jar /opt/java/xml/xp/xp.jar -D
com.jclark.xsl.sax.parser="." com.jclark.xsl.sax.Driver 100021.xml ratesheettabl
e.xsl

sundvlp: ./xt.sh
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.jclark.xml.sax.CommentDriver
sundvlp: 

Also, please understand that I am pretty Java ignorant.
Thanks

Orion DenBeste
IT Analyst, RM Systems
Principal Residential Mortgage
(515) 362-2450  (x2-2450)
* Mailto:Denbeste.Orion@p...

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3

Stylus Studio has published XML-DEV in RSS and ATOM formats, enabling users to easily subcribe to the list from their preferred news reader application.

Stylus Studio Sponsored Links are added links designed to provide related and additional information to the visitors of this website. they were not included by the author in the initial post. To view the content without the Sponsor Links please click here.

Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.