[XML-DEV Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date] [Recent Entries] [Reply To This Message]

Re: Namespace prefixes optional?

• To: xml-dev <xml-dev@i...>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 10:26:02 +1100

Re: Namespace prefixes optional?

rev-bob@g... wrote:

> That is, by defining "fragment" as belonging to namespace rbns, I am defining the
> attributes of "fragment" and the children of "fragment" as belonging to the same
> namespace by default.  With the "p" element, I declare that it belongs to the htmlns
> namespace, along with (by default) its children and attributes.  With the "b" element, for
> some reason, I need to attach an attribute from the bubbans namespace - so I mark just
> that attribute as belonging to a different space.  When "p" closes, so does the htmlns
> fragment, and the default namespace reverts back to rbns.
>
> Simple enough?

Perhaps too simple. :-)

In the event that you wanted to fragment your data further and the original namespace was
significant in the new context, you would meed to obtain from the higher level element and
make it explicit when you do the fragmentation. I suppose the feeling was that you can create
your data in the way that you described, then apply a simple tool to make the namespaces
explicit, and that this was preferable to requiring the manipulation when the data is being
fragmented.

>  Rev. Robert L. Hood  | http://rev-bob.gotc.com/

I'm guessing you've been quiet because Christmas is your busy period...:-)

--
Regards,

Marcus Carr                      email:  mrc@a...
       - Einstein

xml-dev: A list for W3C XML Developers. To post, mailto:xml-dev@i...
Archived as: http://www.lists.ic.ac.uk/hypermail/xml-dev/ and on CD-ROM/ISBN 981-02-3594-1
To unsubscribe, mailto:majordomo@i... the following message;
unsubscribe xml-dev
To subscribe to the digests, mailto:majordomo@i... the following message;
subscribe xml-dev-digest
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa@i...)

PURCHASE STYLUS STUDIO ONLINE TODAY!

Purchasing Stylus Studio from our online shop is Easy, Secure and Value Priced!

Buy Stylus Studio Now

Download The World's Best XML IDE!

Accelerate XML development with our award-winning XML IDE - Download a free trial today!

Don't miss another message! Subscribe to this list today.
Email
First Name
Last Name
Company
Subscribe in XML format
RSS 2.0
Atom 0.3

Stylus Studio has published XML-DEV in RSS and ATOM formats, enabling users to easily subcribe to the list from their preferred news reader application.

Stylus Studio Sponsored Links are added links designed to provide related and additional information to the visitors of this website. they were not included by the author in the initial post. To view the content without the Sponsor Links please click here.

Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Free Stylus Studio XML Training:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are products from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2013 All Rights Reserved.