XML Editor
Sign up for a WebBoard account Sign Up Keyword Search Search More Options... Options
Chat Rooms Chat Help Help News News Log in to WebBoard Log in Not Logged in
Show tree view Topic
Topic Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Go to previous topicPrev TopicGo to next topicNext Topic
Postnext
(Deleted User) Subject: Concat() error?
Author: (Deleted User)
Date: 04 Jun 2003 11:20 AM
When I drag and drop two elements onto the concat() block in the XML MApper UI and map to a destination element I get 5 'Mapper data population failed!' message boxes.
Looking at the XSLT Source I see it has entered the following.
<BuyerOrderNumber>
<xsl:value-of select="concat(a:a:Order/a:a:OrderReferences/a:a:BuyersOrderNumber,a:a:Order/a:a:OrderReferences/a:a:ProjectCode)"/>
</BuyerOrderNumber>

If I then edit the source to the following:
<BuyerOrderNumber>
<xsl:value-of select="concat(a:Order/a:OrderReferences/a:BuyersOrderNumber,a:Order/a:OrderReferences/a:ProjectCode)"/>
</BuyerOrderNumber>

it works fine. I then change back to the XML Mapper GUI, click the 'preview XSLT result' and I get the same errors as before. Switching back to the XSLT Source it was changed the code back to the a:a: code.

Why does it incorrectly prefix the element names in the first place and how can I stop it as I don't want to hack the code everytime even though that doesn't work anyway as soon as I switch back to the Mapper GUI?

I'm running Stylus Studio 4.6 , build 103u.

Cheers

Chris


Documentorder-v3.xsd
Source Schema

DocumentxCBL.Order.Schema.xsd
Destination schema

DocumentOrder-BASDA-xCBL.xsl
Map

DocumenteBUILD-orderSample.xml
Test doc

Postnext
(Deleted User) Subject: RE: Concat() error?
Author: (Deleted User)
Date: 04 Jun 2003 01:40 PM
Hi, Chris,

can you send us the source schema file you used, it will help us to figure
out what went wrong.

song.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: stylus-studio-tech Listmanager [mailto:listmanager@edn.exln.com]
> Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2003 11:42 AM
> To: Recipients of 'stylus-studio-tech' suppressed
> Subject: Concat() error?
>
>
> From: "Chris Lindley"
>
> When I drag and drop two elements onto the concat() block in the
> XML MApper UI and map to a destination element I get 5 'Mapper
> data population failed!' message boxes.
> Looking at the XSLT Source I see it has entered the following.
>
> > select="concat(a:a:Order/a:a:OrderReferences/a:a:BuyersOrderNumber
,a:a:Order/a:a:OrderReferences/a:a:ProjectCode)"/>
>

>
> If I then edit the source to the following:
>
> > select="concat(a:Order/a:OrderReferences/a:BuyersOrderNumber,a:Ord
er/a:OrderReferences/a:ProjectCode)"/>
>

>
> it works fine. I then change back to the XML Mapper GUI, click
> the 'preview XSLT result' and I get the same errors as before.
> Switching back to the XSLT Source it was changed the code back to
> the a:a: code.
>
> Why does it incorrectly prefix the element names in the first
> place and how can I stop it as I don't want to hack the code
> everytime even though that doesn't work anyway as soon as I
> switch back to the Mapper GUI?
>
> I'm running Stylus Studio 4.6 , build 103u.
>
> Cheers
>
> Chris
>
>
>
> To reply: mailto:stylus-studio-tech.6733@edn.exln.com
> To start a new topic: mailto:stylus-studio-tech@edn.exln.com
> To login: http://edn.exln.com/~SSDN
>

Postnext
(Deleted User) Subject: RE: Concat() error?
Author: (Deleted User)
Date: 04 Jun 2003 02:59 PM
Hi, Chris

thanks for your test case, we can reproduce the problem. we are working on
that now and expecting a quick fix.

in the meanwhile, the work around is to use your eBUILD-orderSample.xml
instance as source schema(mapper accept .xml, .dtd and .xsd files as
schema), it should work fine.


song.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: stylus-studio-tech Listmanager [mailto:listmanager@edn.exln.com]
> Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2003 2:02 PM
> To: Recipients of 'stylus-studio-tech' suppressed
> Subject: RE: Concat() error?
>
>
> From: song wang
>
> Hi, Chris,
>
> can you send us the source schema file you used, it will help us to figure
> out what went wrong.
>
> song.
>
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: stylus-studio-tech Listmanager [mailto:listmanager@edn.exln.com]
> > Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2003 11:42 AM
> > To: Recipients of 'stylus-studio-tech' suppressed
> > Subject: Concat() error?
> >
> >
> > From: "Chris Lindley"
> >
> > When I drag and drop two elements onto the concat() block in the
> > XML MApper UI and map to a destination element I get 5 'Mapper
> > data population failed!' message boxes.
> > Looking at the XSLT Source I see it has entered the following.
> >
> > > > select="concat(a:a:Order/a:a:OrderReferences/a:a:BuyersOrderNumber
> ,a:a:Order/a:a:OrderReferences/a:a:ProjectCode)"/>
> >

> >
> > If I then edit the source to the following:
> >
> > > > select="concat(a:Order/a:OrderReferences/a:BuyersOrderNumber,a:Ord
> er/a:OrderReferences/a:ProjectCode)"/>
> >

> >
> > it works fine. I then change back to the XML Mapper GUI, click
> > the 'preview XSLT result' and I get the same errors as before.
> > Switching back to the XSLT Source it was changed the code back to
> > the a:a: code.
> >
> > Why does it incorrectly prefix the element names in the first
> > place and how can I stop it as I don't want to hack the code
> > everytime even though that doesn't work anyway as soon as I
> > switch back to the Mapper GUI?
> >
> > I'm running Stylus Studio 4.6 , build 103u.
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Chris
> >
> >
> >
> > To reply: mailto:stylus-studio-tech.6733@edn.exln.com
> > To start a new topic: mailto:stylus-studio-tech@edn.exln.com
> > To login: http://edn.exln.com/~SSDN
> >
>
>
>
> To reply: mailto:stylus-studio-tech.6736@edn.exln.com
> To start a new topic: mailto:stylus-studio-tech@edn.exln.com
> To login: http://edn.exln.com/~SSDN
>

Postnext
(Deleted User) Subject: RE: Concat() error?
Author: (Deleted User)
Date: 05 Jun 2003 08:32 AM
Thanks Song.
If I change the source schema to the eBUILD-orderSample.xml document I lose some of my mappings.
I'm concerned if I spend time mapping using the document instead of the schema as the source and then change it back once you have published a fix I'll lose some mappings again and have to review the whole map.
In the meantime I will stay with my schema as the source. When can I expect a fix?

Posttop
Minollo I.Subject: RE: Concat() error?
Author: Minollo I.
Date: 05 Jun 2003 09:18 AM

>...
>In the meantime I will stay with my schema as the source. When can I
>expect a fix?

It should be available by Monday the 9th.
Minollo

 
Topic Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Go to previous topicPrev TopicGo to next topicNext Topic
Download A Free Trial of Stylus Studio 6 XML Professional Edition Today! Powered by Stylus Studio, the world's leading XML IDE for XML, XSLT, XQuery, XML Schema, DTD, XPath, WSDL, XHTML, SQL/XML, and XML Mapping!  
go

Log In Options

Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Stylus Scoop XML Newsletter:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2011 All Rights Reserved.