Subject:EDI to XML Author:SSDN Admin Date:28 Feb 2005 12:32 PM
EDI to XML Mapping Caught on tape! This shocking new video reveals secrets about Stylus Studio's new EDI to XML conversion capabilities of Stylus Studio's Convert to XML feature! This epic thriller covers topics including:
* Visually inspecting application control codes and the layout of an EDI type 831 X12 file.
* Automatically specifying segment terminating characters.
* Loading an EDI file in Convert-to-XML.
* Using default EDI-to-XML settings and previewing the data conversion.
* Visually inspecting the resulting XML-ified EDI records.
* Overriding default names used by the WSEDI standard to create custom XML element and attribute names.
* Using Stylus Studio's 'set node and match pattern' feature to tailor the XML output to reflect content in each differently structured row in the EDI file.
* Using regular expressions to create more sophisticated matching patterns, to include exclude rows from the XML output.
* Using the Stylus Studio's 'Lookup List' feature to specify translation values to substitute cryptic error codes to more meaningful names.
* Working with X12, HL7, UN EDIFACT and other EDI formats.