XML Editor
Sign up for a WebBoard account Sign Up Keyword Search Search More Options... Options
Chat Rooms Chat Help Help News News Log in to WebBoard Log in Not Logged in
Show tree view Topic
Topic Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Go to previous topicPrev TopicGo to next topicNext Topic
Postnext
Kevin LentleSubject: xcbl 4 schema - include problems
Author: Kevin Lentle
Date: 04 Jun 2004 07:12 AM
Hi,

I am trying to load the xcbl4 schemas but studio doesn't seem to process
the includes properly...

The documents are made up of a root xsd with the root element and the
includes for the complex types. The included files then reference the includes
in the root document - and this is where studio doesn't follow the includes.

If I put the include in the file using it all is OK, but if the include is
in the root (as per xcbl) then it is ignored.

Any ideas ?

Kev

Postnext
Ivan PedruzziSubject: xcbl 4 schema - include problems
Author: Ivan Pedruzzi
Date: 04 Jun 2004 10:51 AM
Kevin,

Could you give us more details?
What build are you using (Help -> About)?
What View in the schema editor: Tree, Diagram or Documentation?

> If I put the include in the file using it all is OK, but if the include is
> in the root (as per xcbl) then it is ignored.

With "put the include in the file" do you mean copy the complex type definition in your schema?

Thank You
Ivan

Postnext
Kevin LentleSubject: xcbl 4 schema - include problems
Author: Kevin Lentle
Date: 07 Jun 2004 04:37 AM
Hi Ivan

>What build are you using (Help
>-> About)?
>What View in the schema
>editor: Tree, Diagram or
>Documentation?

It's build 5.1 173m.
In the tree view "goto definition" doesn't work.
In the diagram view you cant expand the "CatalogHeader" element.
In the documentation view the links to "ProductCatalogType" returns two
error dialogs...

ProductCatalogType" type definition could not be found"
followed by
Encountered an I/O error in URL
"file://c:\temp\xcbl\xcbl40\schema\org\xcbl\path_delim\schemas\xcbl\v4_0\catalog\v1_0":
Access to c:\temp\xcbl\xcbl40\schema\org\xcbl\path_delim\schemas\xcbl\v4_0\catalog\v1_0 was denied

>> If I put the include in
>the file using it all is OK,
>but if the include is
>> in the root (as per xcbl)
>then it is ignored.
>
>With "put the include in the
>file" do you mean copy the
>complex type definition in
>your schema?

All I did was copy the include from the root file into the file using it.
Below are lines from the files....

In "catalog.xsd" - the root document

<xsd:include schemaLocation="ProductCatalogType.xsd"/>
<xsd:include schemaLocation="CatalogHeaderType.xsd"/>

<xsd:element name="ProductCatalog" type="ProductCatalogType"/>

In "ProductCatalogType.xsd"

<xsd:complexType name="ProductCatalogType">
<xsd:sequence>
<xsd:element name="CatalogHeader" type="CatalogHeaderType">

In this case the diagram view, for example, shows the element for
CatalogHeader but you can't expand it.

If I copy the include line

<xsd:include schemaLocation="CatalogHeaderType.xsd"/>

into "ProductCatalogType.xsd" then it allows the element to be expanded.
I have also tried the same files in an eval of xml-spy and it works OK,
so the files look OK.

Regards,

Kev.

Postnext
Alberto MassariSubject: xcbl 4 schema - include problems
Author: Alberto Massari
Date: 08 Jun 2004 08:49 AM
>All I did was copy the include from the root file into the
>file using it.
>Below are lines from the files....
>
>In "catalog.xsd" - the root document
>
><xsd:include schemaLocation="ProductCatalogType.xsd"/>
><xsd:include schemaLocation="CatalogHeaderType.xsd"/>
>
><xsd:element name="ProductCatalog" type="ProductCatalogType"/>
>
>In "ProductCatalogType.xsd"
>
><xsd:complexType name="ProductCatalogType">
><xsd:sequence>
><xsd:element name="CatalogHeader" type="CatalogHeaderType">
>
>In this case the diagram view, for example, shows the element
>for CatalogHeader but you can't expand it.
>
>If I copy the include line
>
><xsd:include schemaLocation="CatalogHeaderType.xsd"/>
>
>into "ProductCatalogType.xsd" then it allows the element to
>be expanded.
>I have also tried the same files in an eval of xml-spy
>and it works OK, so the files look OK.
>

The ProductCatalogType.xsd should have an xsd:include instruction that includes the CatalogHeaderType.xsd.
This because the XMLSchema specs state that (§ 4.2.1, Inclusion Constraints and Semantics):

1 If the ·actual value· of the schemaLocation [attribute] successfully resolves one of the following must be true:
1.1 It resolves to (a fragment of) a resource which is an XML document (of type application/xml or text/xml with an XML declaration for preference, but this is not required), which in turn corresponds to a <schema> element information item in a well-formed information set, which in turn corresponds to a valid schema.
1.2 It resolves to a <schema> element information item in a well-formed information set, which in turn corresponds to a valid schema.

The point 1.2 forces the ProductCatalogType.xsd to be a valid schema, and it needs the inclusion of CatalogHeaderType.xsd to be valid.

Alberto

Postnext
Kevin LentleSubject: xcbl 4 schema - include problems
Author: Kevin Lentle
Date: 08 Jun 2004 11:24 AM
Hmmm,

So you're saying that I need to edit roughly 700 files to get this to
work ? And I'll need to do it each time the xCBL schema changes ?

Surely as XML-spy correctly handles these includes stylus studio should,
or are you saying that the xCBL files are not correct, and therefore
XML-spy is incorrectly handling them ?

Kev.

Postnext
Alberto MassariSubject: Re: xcbl 4 schema - include problems
Author: Alberto Massari
Date: 08 Jun 2004 12:45 PM
At 11.27 08/06/2004 -0400, stylus-studio-tech Listmanager wrote:
>From: Kevin Lentle
>
>Hmmm,
>
>So you're saying that I need to edit roughly 700 files to get this to
>work ? And I'll need to do it each time the xCBL schema changes ?
>
>Surely as XML-spy correctly handles these includes stylus studio should,
>or are you saying that the xCBL files are not correct, and therefore
>XML-spy is incorrectly handling them ?

I am sorry for the bad wording of my message: what I was trying to say was
the reason why the workaround you found was working. That is, xCBL has not
been designed to be included in pieces, like you were saying in your
message (e.g. include just two files out of the "catalog" directory), but
has to be used as a whole as the single pieces are, taken alone, invalid.
Quoting from the readme file:
"Note on Import, Include and Tools Support: [...]
The problem with this approach is that the
component files in the namespace, other than the
root schema, are often invalid when opened alone.
So when using xCBL 4.0 with an XML tool, one much
always open or reference the "root" schema for the
namespace involved. (e.g. ordermanagement.xsd)."

The current algorithm used by Stylus to navigate from one type definition
to another assumes that each schema is valid, and knows how to find the
definition for all the components it shows. Clearly this assumption is
wrong with xCBL and the various "goto to definition" commands fail to work
as expected. We will fix this issue in a future version of the product.

Hope this clarifies the matter,
Alberto


Postnext
Kevin LentleSubject: Re: xcbl 4 schema - include problems
Author: Kevin Lentle
Date: 09 Jun 2004 06:31 AM
Hi,

From the readme.txt in xCBL 4.0

"So when using xCBL 4.0 with an XML tool, one much
always open or reference the "root" schema for the
namespace involved. (e.g. ordermanagement.xsd)."

so I opened the "ordermanagement.xsd" in StylusStudio, clicked the
diagram tab, found the order element and then clicked the "*" expand
all button to open the whole diagram...

All I got was the "Order" element, and inside the "OrderType" green box
I got the sequence image and the four sub-elements (OrderHeader,
OrderDetail, OrderSummary and DigitalSignature).

It did not expand the content of the sub-elements not did it put
plus signs next to the elements to expand manually.

Kev.

Posttop
Alberto MassariSubject: Re: xcbl 4 schema - include problems
Author: Alberto Massari
Date: 09 Jun 2004 09:32 AM
Hi Kevin,
as I already written, Stylus is currently unable to display/navigate the
entire hierarchy of types definitions in a schema that is made up of
several, invalid schemas (like xCBL is).

Alberto


 
Topic Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Go to previous topicPrev TopicGo to next topicNext Topic
Download A Free Trial of Stylus Studio 6 XML Professional Edition Today! Powered by Stylus Studio, the world's leading XML IDE for XML, XSLT, XQuery, XML Schema, DTD, XPath, WSDL, XHTML, SQL/XML, and XML Mapping!  
go

Log In Options

Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Stylus Scoop XML Newsletter:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2016 All Rights Reserved.