Subject:File updates not properly recognized Author:Christopher Chan Date:18 Nov 2002 01:49 PM
When I update a file outside of Stylus, it recognizes that the file has changed and asks me to reload, but when processing the file, it seems to only run the cached version because I need to modify the file in Stylus in order for it to recognize the actual changes.
Subject:Re: File updates not properly recognized Author:Minollo I. Date:18 Nov 2002 02:07 PM
I've tried running a few experiments, but I've been unable to reproduce
A few questions:
- Which document you modify externally? XML or XSLT?
- Assuming it's XML, is the editor containing the document that you are
modifying externally open in Stylus Studio? If yes, after you say yes to
reloading the file, do you see the modified file in the Stylus editor?
- Is the file the XML source of the XSLT you are running, or is it
imported/included? Or referenced through a document() XPath function?
Subject:Re: File updates not properly recognized Author:Christopher Chan Date:19 Nov 2002 02:43 PM
The file updates not recognized are the XSL files, the updated/modified transformations are not recognized until I update the file within Stylus.
Here is normally what I do.
- Use external editor for editing XSL files.
- Run the transformations within Stylus (mostly with the debugger).
- Even though Stylus tells me to reload document b/c of changes, I click Yes, and it still does not recognize the changes unless I modify the XSL file within Stylus and save again.
Let me know if you are not observing this behavior. I'm running the latest 4.5.103k