XML Editor
Sign up for a WebBoard account Sign Up Keyword Search Search More Options... Options
Chat Rooms Chat Help Help News News Log in to WebBoard Log in Not Logged in
Show tree view Topic
Topic Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Go to previous topicPrev TopicGo to next topicNext Topic
Postnext
(Deleted User) Subject: Included file refering to external namespaces
Author: (Deleted User)
Date: 16 May 2002 08:58 AM
Hi,
I have four files 1) Order.xsd 2) OrderElement.xsd 3) OrderTypes.xsd 4) ServiceRequestOrder.xsd

Files 2 and 3 have no namespace and are xsd:included into 1. File 3 refer to a type in file 4. In file 1 I import file four so I did not import into file 3 as that was include into file 1. However, your validator refused and example because file 2 did not import file 4. However, in XML-Spy they validate?

I hope you understand this?

Postnext
Alberto MassariSubject: Re: Included file refering to external namespaces
Author: Alberto Massari
Date: 16 May 2002 09:48 AM
At 09.10 16/05/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>From: "Martin Roberts"
>
>Hi,
> I have four files 1) Order.xsd 2) OrderElement.xsd 3) OrderTypes.xsd 4)
> ServiceRequestOrder.xsd
>
>Files 2 and 3 have no namespace and are xsd:included into 1. File 3 refer
>to a type in file 4. In file 1 I import file four so I did not import
>into file 3 as that was include into file 1. However, your validator
>refused and example because file 2 did not import file 4. However, in
>XML-Spy they validate?
>
>I hope you understand this?

Martin,
I hope you meant "However, your validator refused and example because file
3 did not import file 4".
If this is the case, I would say that XMLSpy has implemented the specs in a
more relaxed way. That is, they merge all the XSD files before starting the
validation process, so that an "import" statement done in file 1 is seen by
file 3.
Xerces is stricter: in the section "Import Constraints and Semantics" of
the paragraph 4.2.3 of the specs is clearly stated that the imported URI
must "corresponds to a valid schema". And, if OrderTypes.xsd makes use of a
type defined inside ServiceRequestOrder.xsd without importing its
definition, it's not a valid schema.
You can make the OrderTypes.xsd a valid schema by importing the
ServiceRequestOrder.xsd file; this should not have any side effect on the
XMLSpy validator.

Hope this helps,

Alberto

Postnext
(Deleted User) Subject: Re: Included file refering to external namespaces
Author: (Deleted User)
Date: 17 May 2002 05:43 AM
Alberto,
Thanks for decifering the email. Can you confirm which version of Xerces you use and can I put in my own parser?
BTW The parser you use is blindingly fast compared with the XML SPY one.

Postnext
Alberto MassariSubject: Re: Included file refering to external namespaces
Author: Alberto Massari
Date: 17 May 2002 06:11 AM
Hi Martin,

At 05.55 17/05/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>From: "Martin Roberts"
>
>Alberto,
>Thanks for decifering the email. Can you confirm which version of Xerces
>you use and can I put in my own parser?

We ship a custom version of Xerces 1.7; compared to the official 1.7
release, it has a bunch of fixes made by the Xerces team in preparation for
the next release, and some custom code/features we need to integrate it
with Stylus.
As for letting the user provide his own parser, it's currently not
possible, as the parser needs to be tightly integrated with Stylus. We are
however considering supporting multiple XML Schema validators (e.g. MSXML,
XSV, Oracle, etc..) even if it's a low priority PCR.
Can you elaborate on your reasons to plug in a custom parser?

>BTW The parser you use is blindingly fast compared with the XML SPY one.

The Xerces team is doing a good job indeed.

Thanks,

Alberto

Postnext
(Deleted User) Subject: Re: Included file refering to external namespaces
Author: (Deleted User)
Date: 20 May 2002 04:25 AM
Thanks for the reply. The main reason for the need to plug in other parsers is to be able to test those that our live servers use to test that any new schemas do not break the parser.
On stylus you have let us use the transformation in command line mode under a no support basis, would you do that with your Xerces?

Posttop
Alberto MassariSubject: Re: Included file refering to external namespaces
Author: Alberto Massari
Date: 20 May 2002 08:01 AM
At 04.37 20/05/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>From: "Martin Roberts"
>
>Thanks for the reply. The main reason for the need to plug in other
>parsers is to be able to test those that our live servers use to test that
>any new schemas do not break the parser.
>On stylus you have let us use the transformation in command line mode
>under a no support basis, would you do that with your Xerces?

Martin,
the Xerces XML parser is already available as a stand-alone product; you
can download it for free from http://xml.apache.org/xerces-c
Is this what you need?

Alberto

 
Topic Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Go to previous topicPrev TopicGo to next topicNext Topic
Download A Free Trial of Stylus Studio 6 XML Professional Edition Today! Powered by Stylus Studio, the world's leading XML IDE for XML, XSLT, XQuery, XML Schema, DTD, XPath, WSDL, XHTML, SQL/XML, and XML Mapping!  
go

Log In Options

Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Stylus Scoop XML Newsletter:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2016 All Rights Reserved.