XML Editor
Sign up for a WebBoard account Sign Up Keyword Search Search More Options... Options
Chat Rooms Chat Help Help News News Log in to WebBoard Log in Not Logged in
Show tree view Topic
Topic Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Go to previous topicPrev TopicGo to next topicNext Topic
Postnext
Darren HaydukSubject: Beta and XSLT preview
Author: Darren Hayduk
Date: 21 Aug 2001 10:48 AM
Using the v3.1 Beta.

Open an XSLT file from the X: drive. This file Imports two other XSLT files (< xsl:import href="UtilText.xslt"/ >). I create a scenario and specify a source XML file (on C: drive).

When I try to preview XSLT results, I get an error "Encountered an I/O error in resource file://x:\: x:\ contains an invalid path.."

Darren

Postnext
Ivan PedruzziSubject: RE: Beta and XSLT preview
Author: Ivan Pedruzzi
Date: 21 Aug 2001 10:58 AM

Look in the scenario dialog if "Store Paths Relative to XSLT Document
Path" is checked

Hope this helps


Ivan Pedruzzi
eXcelon Corporation
http://www.stylusstudio.com



> -----Original Message-----
> From: stylus-studio-tech Listmanager [mailto:listmanager]
> Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2001 10:55 AM
> To: Recipients of 'stylus-studio-tech' suppressed
> Subject: Beta and XSLT preview
>
>
> From: "Darren Hayduk"
>
> Using the v3.1 Beta.
>
> Open an XSLT file from the X: drive. This file Imports two
> other XSLT files (). I
> create a scenario and specify a source XML file (on C: drive).
>
> When I try to preview XSLT results, I get an error
> "Encountered an I/O error in resource file://x:\: x:\
> contains an invalid path.."
>
> Darren
>
>
>
> To reply: mailto:stylus-studio-tech.3444@edn.exceloncorp.com
> To start a new topic: mailto:stylus-studio-tech@edn.exceloncorp.com
> To login: http://edn.exceloncorp.com/~SSDN
>
>

Postnext
Minollo I.Subject: Re: Beta and XSLT preview
Author: Minollo I.
Date: 21 Aug 2001 11:04 AM
At 10:54 AM 8/21/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>From: "Darren Hayduk"
>
>Using the v3.1 Beta.
>
>Open an XSLT file from the X: drive. This file Imports two other XSLT
>files (). I create a scenario and
>specify a source XML file (on C: drive).
>
>When I try to preview XSLT results, I get an error "Encountered an I/O
>error in resource file://x:\: x:\ contains an invalid path.."

What is the name (and path) of the main XSLT file?
Did this use to work in pre-beta releases? (nothing should have changed in
that area, and our relative path tests are passing without problems).

Is it possible for you to send us (or to my email address) a testcase?

Thanks,
Minollo

Postnext
Darren HaydukSubject: Re: Beta and XSLT preview
Author: Darren Hayduk
Date: 21 Aug 2001 04:35 PM
OK, I did some more experimenting, and the error is not related to the xsl:import.

The error occurs when I use "document('')" to refer to the current XSLT.

< xsl:template match="/">
< xsl:text>The output method is:< /xsl:text>
< xsl:value-of select="document('')/xsl:stylesheet/xsl:output/@method"/>
< /xsl:template>

Postnext
Minollo I.Subject: Re: Beta and XSLT preview
Author: Minollo I.
Date: 21 Aug 2001 06:00 PM

>The error occurs when I use "document('')" to refer to the current XSLT.

I can see what you are saying now. We are fixing this problem; as I am
assuming this is a show-stopper, we will try to make an updated sub-build
available as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Minollo

Postnext
Minollo I.Subject: Re: Beta and XSLT preview
Author: Minollo I.
Date: 21 Aug 2001 07:40 PM

> >The error occurs when I use "document('')" to refer to the current XSLT.
>
>I can see what you are saying now. We are fixing this problem; as I am
>assuming this is a show-stopper, we will try to make an updated sub-build
>available as soon as possible.

3.1 Beta build 57c fixes this problem, and it is now available on:
http://download.exceloncorp.com/downloads/studio/iftw_beta/stylus%20studio.htm

Thanks for reporting this,
Minollo

Posttop
Darren HaydukSubject: Re: Beta and XSLT preview
Author: Darren Hayduk
Date: 22 Aug 2001 02:34 PM
Yeap, works fine.

Thanks,
Darren

On 8/21/01 7:40:15 PM, Carlo Innocenti wrote:
>
> >The error occurs when I
> >use "document('')" to refer to
> >the current XSLT.
> >
> 3.1 Beta build 57c fixes this
> problem, and it is now available

 
Topic Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Go to previous topicPrev TopicGo to next topicNext Topic
Download A Free Trial of Stylus Studio 6 XML Professional Edition Today! Powered by Stylus Studio, the world's leading XML IDE for XML, XSLT, XQuery, XML Schema, DTD, XPath, WSDL, XHTML, SQL/XML, and XML Mapping!  
go

Log In Options

Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Trademarks
Stylus Scoop XML Newsletter:
W3C Member
Stylus Studio® and DataDirect XQuery ™are from DataDirect Technologies, is a registered trademark of Progress Software Corporation, in the U.S. and other countries. © 2004-2011 All Rights Reserved.